Corrupted tables?

From
"Mihai Gheorghiu"
Date:
Is there anything like that?
I was exporting some MSAccess tables via ODBC, and it was taking a long
time.
I tried to do something else in the mean time (open Forte).
The export ceased and I started to get "ODBC connection failed".
If I open a blank MSAccess db and fill it with new files by linking to the
PG db, it works. Then I try to open them one by one, and some open, some
don't (it seems those that were accessed in the query that was running at
that moment).
Is there a way of repairing PG tables?

Thank you all,

Mihai

Re: Corrupted tables?

From
"Mihai Gheorghiu"
Addendum:
I double-checked:
- It is the tables that were included in the MSAccess querry that can no
longer be accessed by MSAccess.
- The tables in question can be viewed with psql and PGAccess.

Is there a way to save the work or do I have to re-create and re-export
data?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Mihai

>I was exporting some MSAccess tables via ODBC, and it was taking a long
>time.
>I tried to do something else in the mean time (open Forte).
>The export ceased and I started to get "ODBC connection failed".
>If I open a blank MSAccess db and fill it with new files by linking to the
>PG db, it works. Then I try to open them one by one, and some open, some
>don't (it seems those that were accessed in the query that was running at
>that moment).
>Is there a way of repairing PG tables?
>
>Thank you all,
>
>Mihai

>subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
>message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Re: Corrupted tables?

Date:
"Mihai Gheorghiu" <tanethq@earthlink.net> writes:
> I double-checked:
> - It is the tables that were included in the MSAccess querry that can no
> longer be accessed by MSAccess.
> - The tables in question can be viewed with psql and PGAccess.

Well, if you can read the tables with psql then they're not "broken".
It sounds like the problem must be on the MSAccess side --- does
MSAccess have any persistent state that you can reset?  (preferences
file maybe?)

            regards, tom lane

Re: Corrupted tables?

From
"Mihai Gheorghiu"
Date:
I'll try. Thanks a lot.

Mihai

>> - It is the tables that were included in the MSAccess querry that can no
>> longer be accessed by MSAccess.
>> - The tables in question can be viewed with psql and PGAccess.
>
>Well, if you can read the tables with psql then they're not "broken".
>It sounds like the problem must be on the MSAccess side --- does
>MSAccess have any persistent state that you can reset?  (preferences
>file maybe?)
>
> regards, tom lane

>TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Corrupted tables?

From
"Mihai Gheorghiu"
Date:
I tried to connect from another computer: the same tables cannot be opened.
What would be in PG that ODBC uses and psql does not?

Mihai

>> - It is the tables that were included in the MSAccess querry that can no
>> longer be accessed by MSAccess.
>> - The tables in question can be viewed with psql and PGAccess.
>
>Well, if you can read the tables with psql then they're not "broken".
>It sounds like the problem must be on the MSAccess side --- does
>MSAccess have any persistent state that you can reset?  (preferences
>file maybe?)
>
> regards, tom lane

>TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Corrupted tables?

From
Hiroshi Inoue
Date:
Mihai Gheorghiu wrote:

> Addendum:
> I double-checked:
> - It is the tables that were included in the MSAccess querry that can no
> longer be accessed by MSAccess.
> - The tables in question can be viewed with psql and PGAccess.
>
> Is there a way to save the work or do I have to re-create and re-export
> data?
>
> Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Postgres is case-insensitive about table/column name
though MSAccess is case-sensitive about it.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue