Postmaster won't start.

From
ryan.a.roemmich@mail.sprint.com
Date:
I came in this morning and Postgres was down.  I simply tried to restart
the postmaster, it begins to start up and then dies.  I know I'm not
divulging much information, but I don't know what would be useful to the
gurus.

Thanks,
-r

RE: Postmaster won't start.

From
ryan.a.roemmich@mail.sprint.com
Date:
The disk was full, please ignore this message and my ignorance :).

Nothing to see here, move along.

Re: Postmaster won't start.

From
GH
Date:
On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 09:20:02AM -0500, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> I came in this morning and Postgres was down.  I simply tried to restart
> the postmaster, it begins to start up and then dies.  I know I'm not
> divulging much information, but I don't know what would be useful to the
> gurus.

Um, did an error message seem like Too Much Information for...an error?

PostgreSQL version: SELECT version()
Operating system: uname -a
libc version (if you have a braindead linux libc)
And...the error message sent to the console and the message sent to
the stderr log.

That would be a good start.

> Thanks,
> -r

Cheers
gh
--
What, no one sings along with Ricky Martin anymore?
My kid sister does (but then, she prefers pico to vi ...)