Read-only mode

From
alla@sergey.com (Alla)
Date:
Is it possible to run PostgreSQL in read-only mode?

For executing some maintenance procedures, I need to move database in
and out of the read-only mode

Is it possbile in PostgreSQl and if yes, how would I do it

Thanks in advance

Re: Read-only mode

From
GH
Date:
On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 09:29:35AM -0700, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Is it possible to run PostgreSQL in read-only mode?

\begin{random guess and hackish mode}
Maybe by changing the permissions on the physical files.
It seems like PgSQL shouldn't be writing anything unless you tell it to.
\end{}

gh
--
> What, no one sings along with Ricky Martin anymore?
My kid sister does (but then, she prefers pico to vi ...)
    -- Suresh Ramasubramanian, alt.sysadmin.recovery