Regression

From
"Mihai Gheorghiu"
Date:
I installed PG 7.1.2 from rpms on RH 7.0
Regression fails 8 of 76 tests: char, varchar, int8, numeric, abstime,
select_implicit, select_having, select_views.
Looking at regression.diffs (attached) my first guess is that I'm missing a
setup/locale?
Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Mihai Gheorghiu

Attachment

Re: Regression

Date:
"Mihai Gheorghiu" <tanethq@earthlink.net> writes:
> Looking at regression.diffs (attached) my first guess is that I'm missing a
> setup/locale?

Looks like it.  See
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/postgres/regress.html
particularly section 12.1.2.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Regression

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Mihai Gheorghiu writes:

> I installed PG 7.1.2 from rpms on RH 7.0
> Regression fails 8 of 76 tests: char, varchar, int8, numeric, abstime,
> select_implicit, select_having, select_views.
> Looking at regression.diffs (attached) my first guess is that I'm missing a
> setup/locale?

Yes, the regression tests expect to run in the C locale.

Re: Regression

From
"Mihai Gheorghiu"
Date:
Sorry, the only place I found something about the locale is Admin's Manual,
5.1
I must admit I cannot figure out how this works. Is there another document
where this is presented in more detail?
E.g.: en_US is mentioned more than once in the manuals. I went to
/usr/share/locale and there are tens of them, but no en_US or us.
Thanks in advance,
Mihai Gheorghiu

>> I installed PG 7.1.2 from rpms on RH 7.0
>> Regression fails 8 of 76 tests: char, varchar, int8, numeric, abstime,
>> select_implicit, select_having, select_views.
>> Looking at regression.diffs (attached) my first guess is that I'm missing
>> setup/locale?
>
>Yes, the regression tests expect to run in the C locale.
>
>--
>Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter

Re: Regression

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Mihai Gheorghiu writes:

> Sorry, the only place I found something about the locale is Admin's Manual,
> 5.1
> I must admit I cannot figure out how this works. Is there another document
> where this is presented in more detail?
> E.g.: en_US is mentioned more than once in the manuals. I went to
> /usr/share/locale and there are tens of them, but no en_US or us.

export LC_ALL=C

Note that the locale "C" is very different from the locale "en_US".

Try 'man 7 locale' or thereabouts for more information.