postgres 7.0.3 with SuSE 7.1

From
Ana Carolina Alonso de Armiño
Date:
Hello, when I try configure postgres I have an error:

When I write ./configure in the directory /usr/src/postgresql-7.0.3/src/ ,
I get next message:

configure: error: instalation or configuration problem: c++ compiler cannot
create executables

What is happening? Thank you very much

Ana

Re: postgres 7.0.3 with SuSE 7.1

From
teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Date:
Ana Carolina Alonso de Armiño <aalonso@uncoma.edu.ar> writes:

> Hello, when I try configure postgres I have an error:
>
> When I write ./configure in the directory
> /usr/src/postgresql-7.0.3/src/ , I get next message:
>
> configure: error: instalation or configuration problem: c++ compiler
> cannot create executables
>
> What is happening? Thank you very much

You may miss some packages, or something might be buggy.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.