segfault i psql

From
zilch@home.se
Date:
ex=> select version();

                            version
 PostgreSQL 7.1.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.95.4
(1 row)

Notice the prompt difference:

ex=> \hINDEX
No help available for 'INDEX'.
Try \h with no arguments to see available help.
ex=> \hINDEX
No help available for 'INDEX'.
Try \h with no arguments to see available help.
ex-> \hINDEX
No help available for 'INDEX'.
Try \h with no arguments to see available help.
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "s"
ex">

and sometimes it segfaults...

Daniel Akerud

Re: segfault i psql

From
Alex Pilosov
Date:
Which version of psql is this? Since \h is a local operation, it doesn't
matter which version server is running.

'psql -V' should have it.

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 zilch@home.se wrote:

> ex=> select version();
>
>                             version
>  PostgreSQL 7.1.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.95.4
> (1 row)
>
> Notice the prompt difference:
>
> ex=> \hINDEX
> No help available for 'INDEX'.
> Try \h with no arguments to see available help.
> ex=> \hINDEX
> No help available for 'INDEX'.
> Try \h with no arguments to see available help.
> ex-> \hINDEX
> No help available for 'INDEX'.
> Try \h with no arguments to see available help.
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "s"
> ex">
>
> and sometimes it segfaults...
>
> Daniel Akerud

Re: segfault i psql

From
zilch@home.se
Date:
ex@king:~/ex/fkc$ psql -V
psql (PostgreSQL) 7.1.1

Daniel Akerud

> Which version of psql is this? Since \h is a local operation, it doesn't
> matter which version server is running.
>
> 'psql -V' should have it.
>
> On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 zilch@home.se wrote:
>

> > ex=> select version();
> >
> >                             version
> >  PostgreSQL 7.1.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.95.4
> > (1 row)
> >
> > Notice the prompt difference:
> >
> > ex=> \hINDEX
> > No help available for 'INDEX'.
> > Try \h with no arguments to see available help.
> > ex=> \hINDEX
> > No help available for 'INDEX'.
> > Try \h with no arguments to see available help.
> > ex-> \hINDEX
> > No help available for 'INDEX'.
> > Try \h with no arguments to see available help.
> > ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "s"
> > ex">
> >
> > and sometimes it segfaults...
> >
> > Daniel Akerud

> >     (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

---
Daniel Åkerud, zilch@home.se

Re: segfault i psql

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
zilch@home.se writes:

> ex-> \hINDEX
> No help available for 'INDEX'.
> Try \h with no arguments to see available help.
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "s"
> ex">
> and sometimes it segfaults...

Update to 7.1.2.

Re: segfault i psql