CLUSTER.

From
Dariusz Pietrzak
Date:
Hello,
 how can I create clustered index on given table?
When I try "cluster indexname on tablename" it drops and recreates this
table, effectively dropping all constraints.
Can I create clustered index without loosing my foreign key etc
constraints?

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
Certified Nobody

Re: CLUSTER.

From
Dariusz Pietrzak
Date:
> Read what the command CLUSTER does. Definately not what you think.
> You create clustered indeces as you would any index:
> create index lala_idx on lala (col1,col2,...);
I already have indexes, now I want'em clustered.
Command:     CLUSTER

Problem is - this 'advice' seem to be pretty destructive.

Re: CLUSTER.

From
"Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos"
Date:
Read what the command CLUSTER does. Definately not what you think.
You create clustered indeces as you would any index:
create index lala_idx on lala (col1,col2,...);

cheers,
thalis

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Dariusz Pietrzak wrote:

> Hello,
>  how can I create clustered index on given table?
> When I try "cluster indexname on tablename" it drops and recreates this
> table, effectively dropping all constraints.
> Can I create clustered index without loosing my foreign key etc
> constraints?
>
> --
> Dariusz Pietrzak
> Certified Nobody

How to reference C function parameters from embedded SQL

From
"Dick Brooks"
Date:
I'm in the process of converting some embedded SQL code from ORACLE to
PostgreSQL and I'm running into some snags. I'm wondering if there is an
easy way to use the parameter names passed to a C function as variables in a
EXEC SQL command without having to declare the parameter names in a EXEC SQL
DECLARE section.

Here is a section of embedded SQL code that works fine in Oracle (some code
removed for brevity):

void open_database(char *user_name, char*pass_word)
{
EXEC SQL CONNECT :user_name IDENTIFIED BY :pass_word;
}

The only way I could get ecpg to process this code was to include a DECLARE
section, for example:

void open_database(char *user_name, char*pass_word)
{
EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
char *user_name;
char *pass_word;
EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;
EXEC SQL CONNECT :user_name IDENTIFIED BY :pass_word;
}

Does anyone know of a workaround to allow use of the function parameters
without having to declare them first?

Thanks in advance,

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
dick@8760.com
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions