Unix time stamp function?

From
Steve Micallef
Date:
Hi,

I store Unix time stamps (seconds since Jan 1 1970) in my database. I was
hoping there was an SQL/PostgreSQL function for converting a unix time
stamp into a readable date/time string?

I've searched the documentation, and there only seems to be functions
which deal with time stamps (XXXX-XX-XX XX:XX:XX).

Thanks in advance,

Steve Micallef

Re: Unix time stamp function?

From
jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Date:
Steve Micallef <stevenm@ot.com.au> wrote:
> I store Unix time stamps (seconds since Jan 1 1970) in my database. I was
> hoping there was an SQL/PostgreSQL function for converting a unix time
> stamp into a readable date/time string?

You can  use something like
    to_char(timestamp(foo), 'DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS')

HTH,
Ray
--
USDoJ/Judge Jackson: "Microsoft has performed an illegal operation and will
be shut down."

Re: Unix time stamp function?

From
alla@sergey.com (Alla)
Date:
this works for me: timestamp(your_variable)

Alla