Adding a primary key

From
"P. Dwayne Miller"
Date:
How do I add a primary key to a table.  The database was migrated using
pgAdmin and no indexes or keys were migrated.  I'd like to add a primary
key constraint to a table.

Re: Adding a primary key

From
"Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos"
Date:
You can only define the pri key on table creation. If you miss it there, you can only add a Unique index (which is
prettymuch the same I think)

Check http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?sql-altertable.html

cheers,
thalis

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, P. Dwayne Miller wrote:

> How do I add a primary key to a table.  The database was migrated using
> pgAdmin and no indexes or keys were migrated.  I'd like to add a primary
> key constraint to a table.

> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

Re: Adding a primary key

From
GH
Date:
On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 04:57:35PM -0400, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> You can only define the pri key on table creation. If you miss it there, you can only add a Unique index (which is
prettymuch the same I think)

A column defined as a primary key is both not null and unique. A only
unique index may be null.

gh