PostgreSQL and TPC benchmarks

From
kauchali@mweb.co.za (ak)
Date:
Hi

Has PostgreSQL ever been featured in TPC benchmarks?

If so, links anyone (preferably to original TPC site)?

If not, what prevents them (source manager and distros) from participating?

(Have heard the claims of PostgreSQL beating MSSQL and Oracle - are there links to TPC for this?)

Regards

AK

Re: PostgreSQL and TPC benchmarks

From
"Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos"
Date:
I think there is a hefty amount ($$$) involved in getting your results evaluated by their committee/judges.
You can get a nice graph about TPC-C from:

http://www.greatbridge.com/download/gbpg70wp1.pdf

cheers,
thalis

Date:
kauchali@mweb.co.za (ak) writes:
> Has PostgreSQL ever been featured in TPC benchmarks?

There are no formal TPC benchmarks of PG.  (Doing a TPC-approved
benchmark takes an amazingly large amount of time and hardware;
so far no one's cared to invest the work.)

However, Great Bridge did run an interesting set of benchmarks that used
the TPC-C query mix.  You can find the white paper with their results
somewhere at www.greatbridge.com.

            regards, tom lane