Does ASSERTION constraint work ?

From
"rui zhong"
Date:

Re: Does ASSERTION constraint work ?

From
"Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos"
Date:
(I think) you'd better check the --enable-cassert option in
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?install-procedure.html

cheers,
t.

On Wed, 30 May 2001, rui zhong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to use SQL statement 'CREATE ASSERTIION', but it does not work, how to use it? Does
> PostgreSQL support ASSERTION constraint ? Please help me out.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Yanchun

Re: Does ASSERTION constraint work ?

From
Stephan Szabo
Date:
On Wed, 30 May 2001, rui zhong wrote:

> I try to use SQL statement 'CREATE ASSERTIION', but it does not work,
> how to use it? Does PostgreSQL support ASSERTION constraint ? Please
> help me out.

AFAIK, Assertions are not yet implemented in PostgreSQL.  You may be
able to use triggers to get the appropriate effect, but it's alot
more work.

Re: Does ASSERTION constraint work ?

From
Joseph Shraibman
Date:
"Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos" wrote:

> (I think) you'd better check the --enable-cassert option in
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?install-procedure.html

That enables C assertions at compile time.  Not the same thing.

--
Joseph Shraibman
jks@selectacast.net