FullText in postgres

From
"Ivan Likhachov"
Date:
Hello!

Does  postgreSQL has FULLTEXT search for TEXT data type... like in MS SQL?

Please answer me to my email!

Thankx!

Re: FullText in postgres

From
Martín Marqués
Date:
On Jue 24 May 2001 22:45, Ivan Likhachov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Does  postgreSQL has FULLTEXT search for TEXT data type... like in MS SQL?

I'm not sure what you're asking, but you can do regular expresion searches on
TEXT data type columns.

Saludos.... :-)

--
Cualquiera administra un NT.
Ese es el problema, que cualquiera administre.

Re: FullText in postgres

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 01:45:18AM +0600, Ivan Likhachov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Does  postgreSQL has FULLTEXT search for TEXT data type... like in MS SQL?

See contrib/fulltextindex

You might also want to search the archives -- IIRC, some people have
found this solution a bit lacking.

Cheers,

Neil