Vacuumdb message: AbortTransaction and not in-progress ...

From
Gabriel Fernandez
Date:
Hi,

We have some db's in our server. When executing a vacuumdb, ONLY FOR
SOME of them, the following message is shown:

AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

After this, the vacuum process is aborted, so we cannot vacuum these
'problematic' db's.

What can we do ?

Gabi :-)

Re: Vacuumdb message: AbortTransaction and not in-progress ...

Date:
Gabriel Fernandez <gabi@unica.edu> writes:
> We have some db's in our server. When executing a vacuumdb, ONLY FOR
> SOME of them, the following message is shown:

> AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

What postgres version?

> After this, the vacuum process is aborted, so we cannot vacuum these
> 'problematic' db's.

The above notice is a consequence of a problem, not its cause.  What
other messages show up in the postmaster log?

            regards, tom lane