cant support non ascii character...

From
"Twist"
Date:
Hi, im trying to get postgres and cygwin work with non ascii characters.

i enabled multibyte, i set LATIN1 while doing the initdb.

psql -l tells me that all database r using LATIN1.

how ever when i try the following:

psql test
create table test(name text);
insert into test values('pr�f�r�');

then select * from test, i got :
pr<E9>f<E9>r<E9>

tried under linux, it works fine, so i assume it comes from cygwin somehow.

Any idea please ?
Thx in advance

Re: cant support non ascii character...

From
Tony Grant
Date:
On 14 May 2001 03:17:16 +0000, Twist wrote:

> i enabled multibyte, i set LATIN1 while doing the initdb.
>
> psql -l tells me that all database r using LATIN1.
>
> how ever when i try the following:
>
> psql test
> create table test(name text);
> insert into test values('préféré');
>
> then select * from test, i got :
> pr<E9>f<E9>r<E9>
>
> tried under linux, it works fine, so i assume it comes from cygwin somehow.
>
> Any idea please ?

A seven letter word starting with W...

For year I have worked on the Mac and had to deal with .doc files from
WIndows machines. If you can't always open a French document in Word
that was created in Word on a different platform then your chances with
cygwin are not going to be great.

Life can be tough sometimes

Cheers

Tony Grant