Byte code, large objects, client/server, SQL, ODBC

From
Christian Bucanac
Date:
Hi!

I am trying to find a simple and efficient way to store byte code in
postgres. The ODBC driver seems to support binary data, but not postgres.

I have looked into storing the byte code as large objects. The problem I run
into is that the functions (lo_import and lo_export) that handle large
objects are server file based. My application is running as a client towards
the postgres server over an SQL ODBC connection. To make it work properly, I
would have to store the byte code on disk and FTP it to and from the server.
It does not seem as a simple and efficient solution. Do you have any ideas
of how to solve the problem?

Thanks for your help!

/Buckis

pl/pgsql

From
"Juan"
Date:
helo list,

does anyone know where i found documentation about pl/pgsql ?

i have a variable typed date and i need to get day month and year, how can i
do that?
e.g:

function test(date)
  day = day($1);
  month = month ($1);
  year = year($1);

thanks

Juan

Re: pl/pgsql

From
Joel Burton
Date:

Documentation is in the Developer's Manual, at www.postgresql.org.

> i have a variable typed date and i need to get day month and year, how can i
> do that?
> e.g:
>
> function test(date)
>   day = day($1);
>   month = month ($1);
>   year = year($1);

You don't need pl/pgsql for this. There are features built-in to
PG for these:

http://postgresql.readysetnet.com/devel-corner/docs/user/functions-datetime.html#FUNCTIONS-DATETIME-EXTRACT

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>