supply user/pass to pg_dump noninteractive

From
Peter Pilsl
Date:
for backup-purposes I'd like to run pg_dump in a script. Is there any
easy way to provide the user/pass-information noninteractive or do I
need to change the source/provide a wrapper ?

thnx,
peter

--
mag. peter pilsl

phone: +43 676 3574035
fax  : +43 676 3546512
email: pilsl@goldfisch.at
sms  : pilsl@max.mail.at

pgp-key available

Re: supply user/pass to pg_dump noninteractive

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Peter Pilsl writes:

> for backup-purposes I'd like to run pg_dump in a script. Is there any
> easy way to provide the user/pass-information noninteractive or do I
> need to change the source/provide a wrapper ?

Try one of

export PGPASSWORD=foo
pg_dump

or

(echo "username"; echo "password") | pg_dump