Telling if options were set correctly in 7.1?

From
Steve Wampler
Date:
With 7.0.3, the file "postmaster.opts" listed the options
with which the postmaster had been started.

However, with 7.1 and the new "postgresql.conf" file, any
options set via that file are not listed in "postmaster.opts".

I like the warm, cozy feeling from knowing that the
options set in "postgresql.conf" have, indeed, been
applied.  What's the easiest way to check this?

Thanks!
--
Steve Wampler-  SOLIS Project, National Solar Observatory
swampler@noao.edu

Re: Telling if options were set correctly in 7.1?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Steve Wampler writes:

> With 7.0.3, the file "postmaster.opts" listed the options
> with which the postmaster had been started.
>
> However, with 7.1 and the new "postgresql.conf" file, any
> options set via that file are not listed in "postmaster.opts".
>
> I like the warm, cozy feeling from knowing that the
> options set in "postgresql.conf" have, indeed, been
> applied.  What's the easiest way to check this?

Use the SHOW command.