RE: using NEW in a trigger calling a function in plpgsq l...

From
"Creager, Robert S"
Date:
What I'm attempting to do is set up a trigger function which calls another
function with the NEW/OLD as parameters to the other functions...  I'm a
software engineer, so I love to make functions :-)  If I call another
function, NEW/OLD is still 'scoped' within the other function?  The problem
is I'm a software engineer (wait, I mentioned that already), so my view of
the world is different...

Thanks,
Rob

Stephan Szabo
Date:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Creager, Robert S wrote:

> What I'm attempting to do is set up a trigger function which calls another
> function with the NEW/OLD as parameters to the other functions...  I'm a
> software engineer, so I love to make functions :-)  If I call another
> function, NEW/OLD is still 'scoped' within the other function?  The problem
> is I'm a software engineer (wait, I mentioned that already), so my view of
> the world is different...

Unfortunately not.  I thought that it probably would be, or that you might
be able to rename it such that it would work when I saw that, but I
haven't seen one :(.