getting the right version of cygwin for windows2000 install

From
lsmith@scw.org
Date:
hi I'm having trouble finding the version of cygwin that will work with
windows 2000 to install postgresql.  Can anyone point me in the
right direction or is there a compiled binary snapshot available.
Any help is greatly appreciated thanks
lisa smith
Lisa Smith  SCW  Teaming for Technology
Vista Volunteers
Email mailto:lsmith@scw.org  http://www.teamtechdc.org

Re: getting the right version of cygwin for windows2000 install

From
nospam@nospam.nospam (Steve Jorgensen)
Date:
Well, I've been trying to do this myself.  Go to
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/download.html and run the setup
program which will install the latest Cygwin, and even copy in a
PostgreSQL 7.1 RC2 directory to go with it.

I'm not able to make it work, though.  First, it seems odd that they
provide this package which should require Cygipc, and don't seem to be
providing Cygipc (I found that here
http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/V1.1/index.html).

Second, the first instruction in the INSTALL document is to run
./configure, and when I do I get an error saying I won't be able to
install because my C compiler cannot make executables.

If this helps you, and you get farther than me, I'd love it if you
would write back on how you made it work.