COPY again...

From
Tony Grant
Date:
Gets me every time this one...

COPY entreprise FROM '/home/pgsql/data/ENTREP_Tony.csv' USING DELIMITERS
'\t';

gives

No data returned

What is wrong with my data file - .csv file from Gnumeric export?

Cheers

Tony Grant

RE: COPY again...

From
"Creager, Robert S"
Date:
If the file is truly CSV (comma separated values), you might want to change
DELIMITERS '\t' to DELIMITERS ','...  Otherwise, include a couple of lines
of data...

Robert Creager
Senior Software Engineer
Client Server Library
303.673.2365 V
303.661.5379 F
888.912.4458 P
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL

Re: COPY again...

From
Anand Raman
Date:
Hi Tony
These things can get on ur nerves and it happened in my case too..

In my case the data simply didnt load into the tables becasue the
primary keys which were being referenced in the csv file were not
present in the file. Thus it never inserted any rows in thetable..

Also even if part of ur feed is incorrect the entire csv file will be
rejected without any reason being displayed..

U will have to sort this problems out by going thru samples of ur csv
file..

Hope this is of some help

Anand