Win32 Postgresql

From
"Brian C. Doyle"
Date:
Hello,

I have CYGWIN running on my NT system and I am trying to compile postgres
and install it and get an error with GMAKE.  I have looked and looked but
can not find it anywhere.

I also do not have the Windows Visual C++ and can not afford it :-)

Can anyone Please help????

Re: Win32 Postgresql

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Brian C. Doyle writes:

> I have CYGWIN running on my NT system and I am trying to compile postgres
> and install it and get an error with GMAKE.  I have looked and looked but
> can not find it anywhere.

Showing the error would be a start.  You probably want to use PostgreSQL
7.1, since it has been known to install much easier on Windows.

RE: Win32 Postgresql

From
"Sam and Lisa Snow"
Date:
Are you following the directions at:
http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html ??

I have CYGWIN running on my NT system and I am trying to compile postgres
and install it and get an error with GMAKE.  I have looked and looked but
can not find it anywhere.

I also do not have the Windows Visual C++ and can not afford it :-)

Can anyone Please help????

http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary

Re: Win32 Postgresql

From
"Brian C. Doyle"
Date:
Currently I do not have a copy of GMAKE.  The error is  that it does not
exist and I can not find it from GNU.

At 10:56 PM 3/8/01 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>Brian C. Doyle writes:
>
> > I have CYGWIN running on my NT system and I am trying to compile postgres
> > and install it and get an error with GMAKE.  I have looked and looked but
> > can not find it anywhere.
>
>Showing the error would be a start.  You probably want to use PostgreSQL
>7.1, since it has been known to install much easier on Windows.
>
>--
>Peter Eisentraut      peter_e@gmx.net       http://yi.org/peter-e/

>http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

Re: Win32 Postgresql

From
"Brett W . McCoy"
Date:
On 2001.03.11 09:08 Brian C. Doyle wrote:

> Currently I do not have a copy of GMAKE.  The error is  that it does not
> exist and I can not find it from GNU.

If you are using CygWin, you do have GNU make on your system.  It may just be
called 'make' (gmake is usually juts a symlink to make).  Otherwise, you may
not hav ethe correct path setup.

-- Brett

http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
If you think the system is working, ask someone who's waiting for a prompt.