SQL article

Date:
This was an interesting introduction to SQL:

    http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2000/10/20/aboutSQL_1.html

RE: SQL article

From
Mike Mascari
Date:
Kind of annoying that under "Related:" there aren't any PostgreSQL links though.

Mike Mascari
mascarm@mascari.com

-----Original Message-----
From:    Bruce Momjian [SMTP:pgman@candle.pha.pa.us]
Sent:    Tuesday, March 06, 2001 12:36 PM
To:    PostgreSQL-documentation
Cc:    PostgreSQL-general
Subject:    [GENERAL] SQL article

This was an interesting introduction to SQL:

    http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2000/10/20/aboutSQL_1.html

Re: SQL article

Date:
I think someone (Ned Lilly?) talked to him about it and he is going to
start mentioning PostgreSQL more.

> Kind of annoying that under "Related:" there aren't any PostgreSQL links though.
>
> Mike Mascari
> mascarm@mascari.com

John Burski
Date:
If you read through to the bottom of the second page of the article and
follow the "continue" link, you'll find that he does mention PostgreSQL
and compares (rather favorably, IMHO) it to Access, MySQL, and Oracle.
He even indicates that he is going to be focusing on PostgreSQL in a
future article.

--
John Burski
Chief I.T. Cook and Bottlewasher

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ How's your cheese holding out? +
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RE: SQL article

From
Mike Mascari
Date:
Yes.

My apologies,

Mike Mascari
mascarm@mascari.com

Mike Mascari wrote:

> Kind of annoying that under "Related:" there aren't any PostgreSQL links though.
>
> Mike Mascari
> mascarm@mascari.com

"Gregory Wood"
Date:
Unfortunately if you go to the full article list there are a bunch of
articles that focus on MySQL and none on PostgreSQL (at least according to
the subjects anyway).

Greg

> If you read through to the bottom of the second page of the article and
> follow the "continue" link, you'll find that he does mention PostgreSQL
> and compares (rather favorably, IMHO) it to Access, MySQL, and Oracle.
> He even indicates that he is going to be focusing on PostgreSQL in a
> future article.
>
> Mike Mascari wrote:
>
> > Kind of annoying that under "Related:" there aren't any PostgreSQL links
though.

> > Mike Mascari
> > mascarm@mascari.com

Re: SQL article

From
Ned Lilly
Date:
Correct.  Check the date on the article Bruce mentioned.  The author
told me he had written a bunch of them and had them in the can for O'Reilly.

His article on functions (don't have the URL handy) really set me off,
since I think we shine there compared to the other guys.  But he's very
interested in learning more about PostgreSQL, and I think we'll see more
from him before too long.

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I think someone (Ned Lilly?) talked to him about it and he is going to
> start mentioning PostgreSQL more.
>

>> Kind of annoying that under "Related:" there aren't any PostgreSQL links though.
>>
>> Mike Mascari
>> mascarm@mascari.com

Ned Lilly                     e: ned@greatbridge.com
Vice President                w: www.greatbridge.com
Evangelism / Hacker Relations        v: 757.233.5523
Great Bridge, LLC                    f: 757.233.5555