Why SELECT OWNER.TABLENAME.COLUMNNAME not working ?

From
"Zuev Dmitry"
Date:
Can anybody tell me why i can't specify OWNER then i select a pack of tuples
?
If i set only TABLENAME.COLUMNNAME all is work, but when i adding to this
OWNER it's fail.

Re: Why SELECT OWNER.TABLENAME.COLUMNNAME not working ?

From
"Oliver Elphick"
Date:
"Zuev Dmitry" wrote:
  >Can anybody tell me why i can't specify OWNER then i select a pack of tuples
  >?
  >If i set only TABLENAME.COLUMNNAME all is work, but when i adding to this
  >OWNER it's fail.

This syntax is not (yet) supported.

If it were supported, the first element (according to SQL specs) would be
SCHEMA not OWNER, though I suppose by implication they might be the same.

     "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I
      fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom
      shall I be afraid?"           Psalms 27:1

Grant \z question

From
hicham bouzdad
Date:
Hello everyone,

in Postgresql  RDBMS ,
how can i  get   informations   about    acces  permissions on existing objects
?

I alredy know that     (  psql  \z )        do  this ;
but     'w'   means    update OR  delete  !      (it's not the  same thing)

can someone  , please, tell me if  it is possible  ?

thanks a lot

Re: Why SELECT OWNER.TABLENAME.COLUMNNAME not working ?

From
Anand Raman
Date:
Hi
I guess this is because postgresql doesnt yet support the concept of
schemas. Such a select statement will make sense when the database
supports schemas..

Hope this helps
Anand