pgaccess on Win9x

From
Bill Barnes
Date:
Hi Y'all:

Unzipped pgaccess to C:\.
Have TclPro 1.4 at c:\Program Files\TclPro1.4
Executing C:\pgaccess\main.tcl I get:
couldn't load library "libpgtcl.dll": this library or
a dependent library could not be found in library path
while executing
"load libpgtcl[info sharedlibextension]"
[procedure "main" line 3]
invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
 [file "C:\PGACCESS\MAIN.TCL" line 249]

Copied libpgtcl83.dll-7.0 to \windows\system as
libpgtcl.dll.

Appreciate your help.
-bill

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

postmaster confiugration and hardware configuration

From
"KoPra Workshop"
Date:
Hi...

I'm newbie, and confuse on configuration....

I already installed postgresql 7.0.3 on Compaq Proliant ML 350 - Intel
Pentium III 600 - RAM 128 MB.
Operating system is linux on distribution SuSE 6.4
This server only running database itself. Directory '/data' is independent
partition and size is 3GB
This database is used for application with intensive querries and around 30
connection at a time.
Postmaster configuration is default.

Problem comes up with decrease performace of query result when connection
reached around 30, long wait situatioon is like you can make a cup of coffee
on the kitchen...around 12 second. The bad news is...broken pipe() and all
connection to postgresql is gone...

The application using 'begin...commit' method.

Any suggestion to increase performance of my postgresql....at least great
configuration for postmaster and hardware...?
Pleasse.... :-)

Regards,
Eko Pranoto
Database Administrator of Health Care Information System Project
Rumah Sakit Pertamina Jaya
Indonesia

Re: postmaster confiugration and hardware configuration

From
Gavin Sherry
Date:
Eko,

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, KoPra Workshop wrote:

> Any suggestion to increase performance of my postgresql....at least great
> configuration for postmaster and hardware...?
> Pleasse.... :-)

It is hard to tell with the information you are giving, but perhaps you
are hitting the default limit for the number of simultaneous backends
(32). You can increase this by passing -N <number> to postmaster at
startup from the command line (naturally, this should be greater than 32,
perhaps 64). Increasing the number of backends necessitates the increasing
of the number of buffers.

More info in the postgres documentation.

> Regards,
> Eko Pranoto
> Database Administrator of Health Care Information System Project
> Rumah Sakit Pertamina Jaya
> Indonesia

Gavin Sherry
Alcove Systems Engineering.

Re: postmaster confiugration and hardware configuration

From
"Anthony E . Greene"
Date:
On Sat, 06 Feb 1999 04:00:26 KoPra Workshop wrote:
>I'm newbie, and confuse on configuration....

Your system clock is not correct.

--
Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D