Want to learn the Postgresql database system

From
"Jonny Deng"
Date:
Hi,

I want to learn the Postgresql database system as part of my study. What I
need to know whether there is documentation that explain the source codes.

Anyone can help me. I am really eager to understand the underlying
Postgresql database system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jonny

Re: Want to learn the Postgresql database system

From
"Mitch Vincent"
Date:
Lots of documentation here :

http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/index.html

-Mitch

> I want to learn the Postgresql database system as part of my study. What I
> need to know whether there is documentation that explain the source codes.
>
> Anyone can help me. I am really eager to understand the underlying
> Postgresql database system.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Jonny

Re: Want to learn the Postgresql database system

From
Gunnar R|nning
Date:
"Jonny Deng" <jonnydeng@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I want to learn the Postgresql database system as part of my study. What I
> need to know whether there is documentation that explain the source codes.
>
> Anyone can help me. I am really eager to understand the underlying
> Postgresql database system.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know if you are aware of the database internals presentation Bruce
posted on the hackers list the other day :

http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/internals.pdf

That could maybe be a starting point.

regards,

    Gunnar

Re: Re: Want to learn the Postgresql database system

Date:
> Lots of documentation here :
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/index.html

I have just added a section on MVCC.

Re: Re: Want to learn the Postgresql database system

From
"Jonny Deng"
Date:
Thanks all,