Current Year

From
Hunter Hillegas
Date:
I have an HTML form that submits to Postgre 7.1 beta 4 and I'm wondering how
to get the current year from the database...

Basically they are entering dates but all I want them to have to enter is
the month and the day of the month and then get the current year from the DB
and programmatically fuse them together...

Also, is there a good reference to the PostgreSQL function library? I've
looked around and can't seem to find one.

Thanks,
Hunter
--
Hunter Hillegas
hunter@lastonepicked.com

Re: Current Year

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Hunter Hillegas writes:

> I have an HTML form that submits to Postgre 7.1 beta 4 and I'm wondering how
> to get the current year from the database...

select extract(year from current_date);

http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/user/functions.htm