www.postgresql.de

From
Adriaan Joubert
Date:
Hi,

    i just discovered that www.postgresql.de has not been updated since
October 1999, and only has very out-of-date software. Perhaps one of the
German contingent can find out what is going on there and whether it is
possible to get the domain back and have it properly mirrored. It
canleave lots of European users with a wrong impression if they only go
to that site.

I tries it because the real postgres site wouldn't let me in -- resolved
itself after a few minutes.

Adriaan

Re: www.postgresql.de

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
They haven't been an official mirror since at least July 99.  That's
when I started using a database for mirrors and it's not in it.  I also
don't delete mirrors from the database, just disable them.  Where did
you get that URL?   If it's just bookmarked, try using this one:

http://www.de.postgresql.org

It's up to date.

Vince.

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Adriaan Joubert wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     i just discovered that www.postgresql.de has not been updated since
> October 1999, and only has very out-of-date software. Perhaps one of the
> German contingent can find out what is going on there and whether it is
> possible to get the domain back and have it properly mirrored. It
> canleave lots of European users with a wrong impression if they only go
> to that site.
>
> I tries it because the real postgres site wouldn't let me in -- resolved
> itself after a few minutes.
>
> Adriaan

 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking