7.1 expected features list?

From
"David Wall"
Date:
Is there a place where I can see what the new features for 7.1 are expected
to be?  I'm hopeful for native BLOB support <smile>

David

Re: 7.1 expected features list?

From
"Mitch Vincent"
Date:
There is some information here :

http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/release.htm

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Wall" <d.wall@computer.org>
To: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 1:07 PM
Subject: 7.1 expected features list?

> Is there a place where I can see what the new features for 7.1 are
expected
> to be?  I'm hopeful for native BLOB support <smile>
>
> David

Re: Re: 7.1 expected features list?

From
"David Wall"
Date:
Is there any thought about the general availability date?  Is there likely
to be a migration issue if I use 7.1 beta now?

David

Re: Re: 7.1 expected features list?

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, David Wall wrote:

> Is there any thought about the general availability date?  Is there likely
> to be a migration issue if I use 7.1 beta now?

Right now, we're probably looking at *at least* mid-February ... still a
bunch of open items that have to be confirmed before release, so at least
two more beta releases before release.  We're doing a beta4 this coming
Friday ...

As for migration issue ... there are no guarantees in that regard ... if
the change is large enough, there could be an initdb required between now
and release, but the developers try *very hard* to avoid that this late in
the beta cycle ...

Re: 7.1 expected features list?

From
"Martin A. Marques"
Date:
El Mié 24 Ene 2001 15:07, David Wall escribió:
> Is there a place where I can see what the new features for 7.1 are expected
> to be?  I'm hopeful for native BLOB support <smile>

check the todo list.

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.

Re: Re: 7.1 expected features list?

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 05:24:20PM -0800,
  David Wall <d.wall@computer.org> wrote:
> Is there any thought about the general availability date?  Is there likely
> to be a migration issue if I use 7.1 beta now?

I had a problem reloading from a pg_dump file. The way views are done
seems to have changed somewhat, so I got syntax errors when the dump
file was read in.