createdb fails in 7.0.2

From
Konstantinos Agouros
Date:
Hi,

I just tried to create another database, and all I get is a
        before or while processing the request.
connection to server was lost
createdb: database creation failed

it gets so far zu create $PGDATADIR/newdbname but that's it.

Anybody has a clue (I am running on Linux)

Konstantin
--
Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@agouros.de
Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185

Re: createdb fails in 7.0.2

Date:
Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@agouros.de> writes:
> I just tried to create another database, and all I get is a
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.
> connection to server was lost
> createdb: database creation failed

> it gets so far zu create $PGDATADIR/newdbname but that's it.

> Anybody has a clue (I am running on Linux)

Sorry, no clue here :-( ... you'll need to provide more detail.
What shows up in the postmaster log?  It sounds like the backend is
crashing --- is there a core dump file, and if so what stack trace
can you extract from it?

            regards, tom lane