using crypt authentication

From
T F
Date:
Does anyone know how to get pgaccess and libpq/libpq++ to crypt the
passwords?  I'd like to use crypt in my pg_hba.conf file for all hosts,
but when I do the only way I can connect is via psql and a relatively
new version of the perl module.  Any ideas?

Torin

p.s.  remove the nospam from the return address to respond directly to
me

Re: using crypt authentication

From
Marko Kreen
Date:
On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 10:39:14AM -0700, T F wrote:
> Does anyone know how to get pgaccess and libpq/libpq++ to crypt the
> passwords?  I'd like to use crypt in my pg_hba.conf file for all hosts,
> but when I do the only way I can connect is via psql and a relatively
> new version of the perl module.  Any ideas?

Use SSL.

> p.s.  remove the nospam from the return address to respond directly to
> me

Do not overdo it.

--
marko