ODBC failure

From
Scott Shealy
Date:
> Hey there... I am new to postgres... I have a V 7.02 db on linux up and
> running an populated.  I am trying  to get ODBC to run against it from a
> windows NT box and am having trouble.
>
> On the server side I have added the -i command to the postmaster command
> Editted the pg_hba.conf file to allow my client by adding the line.
>
> host all xxx.xxx.xxx.0 255.255.255.0 trust
>
> (xxx is ip address) wanted to allow whole subnet to access db
>
> Restarted the server.
>
> On the client I installed the 6.5 driver from the exe file.
>
> Set up a System DSN connecting to the server using port 5432.
>
> Tried testing it in Access by  linking a table in access and get the error
>
> Unable to open sockect(#101)...
>
> Any help here is greatly appreciated. My only thought up to this point is
> ... can a V7 db talk with a 6.5 ODBC driver?
>

> Scott Shealy
> E811 Inc

Re: ODBC failure

From
martin.chantler@convergys.com
Date:
I have a similar setup 7.03 with 6.5 driver and it seems to work fine
I did get the latest odbc driver first. The error sounds like a TCP/IP
error, can
you telnet to the linux machine???

MC.

--

NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or

RE: ODBC failure

From
Scott Shealy
Date:
Sorry guys.... I figured out what was wrong.... in my postgressql startup
script I was passing the -i option to the backend instead of the postmaster.
My fault....