sequences and tables

From
Nelio Alves Pereira Filho
Date:
Where do I find information about a sequence? I'd like to know what are
the table and column referenced by a sequence. As its name may be
truncated, it's not a consistent place to look for.

The system tables didn't seem to help.

Thanks

--
Nelio Alves Pereira Filho
IFX Networks - www.ifx.com.br

RE: sequences and tables

From
Michael Davis
Try:

--This shows all default values for columns
SELECT DISTINCT c.relname, a.attname, t.typname, pa.adsrc, a.atttypid
   FROM pg_attribute a, pg_class c, pg_type t, pg_attrdef pa
   WHERE a.attrelid = c.oid
         AND a.atttypid = t.oid
         AND c.oid = pa.adrelid
         AND a.attnum = pa.adnum
         AND upper(c.relname) = 'TABLE_NAME';

--This shows all columns that reference a sequence
SELECT DISTINCT c.relname, a.attname, t.typname, pa.adsrc, a.atttypid
   FROM pg_attribute a, pg_class c, pg_type t, pg_attrdef pa
   WHERE a.attrelid = c.oid
         AND a.atttypid = t.oid
         AND c.oid = pa.adrelid
         AND a.attnum = pa.adnum
         AND upper(pa.adsrc) like '%SEQUENCE_NAME%';