pg_dump segfaults with -z on 6.4

From
Frank Joerdens
Date:
I'm just trying to upgrade from 6.4 to 7.1 and did a

pg_dumpall -oz > outfile

or

pg_dump -oz database > outfile

to catch the permissions, and I get a Segmentation fault. Omitting -z works, but that
doesn't cut the mustard cuz I'd have to add all the permission by hand for every single
table (only a few dozen but still . . . ).

Can you dump the grant/revoke commands separately somehow (which table are they in?) or is
there another solution?

Cheers Frank

Re: pg_dump segfaults with -z on 6.4

Date:
The CVS logs show that a likely-looking patch was applied in Dec 1998,
so 6.4.2 probably contains the fix.  Update to 6.4.2 (maybe even just
compile and install its pg_dump) and give it another try.

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:

> The CVS logs show that a likely-looking patch was applied in Dec 1998,
> so 6.4.2 probably contains the fix.  Update to 6.4.2 (maybe even just
> compile and install its pg_dump

Very cool. Just compiling and installing pg_dump from 6.4.2 was indeed sufficient to fix
the issue. This took 15 minutes all in all :).

Cheers, Frank