SSL

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Hi

I wanted to use SSL with Postgres, and while searching through the
maillists I found a very old post (1998) Brett McCormick. I found his
patch in chicken.org, but it seems to be somewhat old (it's for PGSQL
6.3.2; I'm using 7.0.3). I wrote him directly
(brett-public@speakeasy.org), but the MTA said that address didn't
exist.

I couldn't find any other info about using SSL with PostgreSQL. Do you
have a clue as to where can I find some? I need to connect from Perl and
PHP, and just don't know where to go from here.

Pointer to docs and anything will be very much appreciated.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[@]protecne.cl>)

Re: SSL

Date:
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@protecne.cl> writes:
> I couldn't find any other info about using SSL with PostgreSQL.

http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/ssl-tcp.htm

I seem to recall hearing that the SSL code was broken in 7.0.*.  If so,
you may want to try 7.1beta.

            regards, tom lane

Re: SSL

From
Date:
I would also like to use SSL, or better SSH, with Postgres.  I know I
could use SSH tunneling, but it would be even better if it were
integrated.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks