check constraint

From
"Martin A. Marques"
Date:
Hi,
    how should I write a constraint that can keep an INT field with values
between 0 and 10? Do I have to use two checks on the same field?

TIA

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.

Re: check constraint

From
oberpwd@anubis.network.com (Wade D. Oberpriller)
Date:
You should be able to do the following:

CREATE TABLE table1 (
field1 INTEGER CHECK ((field1 >= 0) AND (field1 <= 10))
);

Wade Oberpriller

Date:
El Lun 18 Dic 2000 12:43, Wade D. Oberpriller escribió:
> You should be able to do the following:
>
> CREATE TABLE table1 (
> field1 INTEGER CHECK ((field1 >= 0) AND (field1 <= 10))
> );

Thanks!!! Didn't know that!!!!!

--

Date:
El Lun 18 Dic 2000 12:43, Wade D. Oberpriller escribió:
> You should be able to do the following:
>
> CREATE TABLE table1 (
> field1 INTEGER CHECK ((field1 >= 0) AND (field1 <= 10))
> );

Can I put an OR there?

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.
Martín Marqués            email:     martin@math.unl.edu.ar
Santa Fe - Argentina        http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar

Re: Re: check constraint

From
Tulio Oliveira
Date:
"Martin A. Marques" wrote:

> El Lun 18 Dic 2000 12:43, Wade D. Oberpriller escribió:
> > You should be able to do the following:
> >
> > CREATE TABLE table1 (
> > field1 INTEGER CHECK ((field1 >= 0) AND (field1 <= 10))
> > );
>
> Can I put an OR there?
>
> --
> System Administration: It's a dirty job,
> but someone told I had to do it.
> Martín Marqués                  email:  martin@math.unl.edu.ar
> Santa Fe - Argentina            http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
> Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar

Off course NOT.

If you put an OR, all numbers will be accept....

AKACIA TECNOLOGIA
Desenvolvimento de sistemas para Internet
www.akacia.com.br