inheritance and foreign keys

From
Chris Jones
Date:
Do inheritance and foreign keys work together?  I can't seem to get
them to.

Specifically, I want to create a table A which has sub-tables A*, and
I want to create a table B which references the primary key from A*,
not from A.

Is this possible?

Chris

--
----------------------------------------------------- chris@mt.sri.com
Chris Jones                                    SRI International, Inc.

Re: inheritance and foreign keys

From
Stephan Szabo
Date:
On 30 Nov 2000, Chris Jones wrote:

> Do inheritance and foreign keys work together?  I can't seem to get
> them to.
>
> Specifically, I want to create a table A which has sub-tables A*, and
> I want to create a table B which references the primary key from A*,
> not from A.
>
> Is this possible?

Not currently.  The foreign key code isn't terribly bright about
inheritance trees, and some of the supporting code isn't there yet
(inherited primary keys).