OVERLAPS

From
"Alex Bolenok"
Date:
Hello all,

Here is the result I get when trying to use OVERLAPS function:

peroon=# SELECT OVERLAPS('yesterday', 'today', 'today', 'tomorrow');
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "overlaps"

What am I doing wrong? Is there any way to make this function work?

Alex Bolenok.

Re: OVERLAPS

From
Mike Castle
Date:
On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 04:22:20PM +0300, Alex Bolenok wrote:
> peroon=# SELECT OVERLAPS('yesterday', 'today', 'today', 'tomorrow');
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "overlaps"

Try using it as an operator instead of a function:

test=# select ('yesterday'::timestamp, 'today'::timestamp) overlaps
('today'::timestamp, 'tomorrow'::timestamp);
 overlaps
(1 row)

> What am I doing wrong? Is there any way to make this function work?

Is the parser getting confused when it shouldn't (ie, if the functions were
called something beside "OVERLAPS" would it then work)?

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  dalgoda@ix.netcom.com  and be right all the time, or not work at all