ExecRestrPos: node type 18 not supported

From
"kurt miller"
Date:
I'm getting these log entries:

ExecRestrPos: node type 18 not supported
ExecMarkPos: node type 18 not supported

Any idea what they mean?

TIA,
-km

Re: ExecRestrPos: node type 18 not supported

Date:
"kurt miller" <miller_kurt_e@hotmail.com> writes:
> I'm getting these log entries:
> ExecRestrPos: node type 18 not supported
> ExecMarkPos: node type 18 not supported

You're hitting the nested-mergejoin bug that was discovered awhile ago.
Aside from the log messages, you are probably getting wrong answers :-(.
Update to 7.0.3 to get the fix.

            regards, tom lane

Re: ExecRestrPos: node type 18 not supported

> ExecRestrPos: node type 18 not supported
> ExecMarkPos: node type 18 not supported
>
> Any idea what they mean?

As my dad would say, "Oh, that's the ExecRestrPos node thing, it doesn't
support the type 18, I think."

No, actually, I am not sure what it means.  What PostgreSQL version are
you running?

Re: ExecRestrPos: node type 18 not supported

> > ExecRestrPos: node type 18 not supported
> > ExecMarkPos: node type 18 not supported
>
> You're hitting the nested-mergejoin bug that was discovered awhile ago.
> Aside from the log messages, you are probably getting wrong answers :-(.
> Update to 7.0.3 to get the fix.

Oh, I see Tom knows.  I will tell my Dad.  :-)