How do I install pl/perl

From
Steve Heaven
Date:
I want to write some triggers in Perl.
I have searched www.postgresql.org and Bruce's book but cant find out what
I need to do to install perl.
I've run 'createlang' but it complains about not being able to find files.
I assume that I have to make a pgperl.so or something similar, but how?

Thanks

Steve

--
thorNET  - Internet Consultancy, Services & Training
Phone: 01454 854413

Re: How do I install pl/perl

From
"Robert B. Easter"
Date:
When you compiled PostgreSQL, you have to give ./configure --with-perl so it
will make the .so file its looking for.  See ./configure --help next time.

--
-------- Robert B. Easter  reaster@comptechnews.com ---------
- CompTechNews Message Board   http://www.comptechnews.com/ -

Re: How do I install pl/perl

From
Steve Heaven
Date:
At 13:06 29/11/00 -0500, Robert B. Easter wrote:
>When you compiled PostgreSQL, you have to give ./configure --with-perl so it
>will make the .so file its looking for.  See ./configure --help next time.

We installed from RPM not source. Do we have to do a re-install from source
to get this working ?

Steve

--

Date:
At 10:02 30/11/00 +0100, Marcin Bajer wrote:
>Steve Heaven wrote:
>>
>> At 13:06 29/11/00 -0500, Robert B. Easter wrote:
>> >When you compiled PostgreSQL, you have to give ./configure --with-perl
so it
>> >will make the .so file its looking for.  See ./configure --help next time.
>> >

>> We installed from RPM not source. Do we have to do a re-install from source
>> to get this working ?
>>
>> Steve
>>

>I think not. There is a RPM called postgresql-perl-*.rpm
>- installing it should be enough.

We already have that package installed. It provides the Perl Pg module to
interface to a Postgres backend, not to write stored functions.

Steve

--
thorNET  - Internet Consultancy, Services & Training
Phone: 01454 854413
Fax:   01454 854412
http://www.thornet.co.uk

Re: How do I install pl/perl

From
Marcin Bajer
Date:
Steve Heaven wrote:

> At 13:06 29/11/00 -0500, Robert B. Easter wrote:
> >When you compiled PostgreSQL, you have to give ./configure --with-perl so it
> >will make the .so file its looking for.  See ./configure --help next time.
> >

> We installed from RPM not source. Do we have to do a re-install from source
> to get this working ?
>
> Steve

I think not. There is a RPM called postgresql-perl-*.rpm
- installing it should be enough.

--
Marcin Bajer
http://www.kolej.pl/~bajer                    mailto:bajer@tigana.pl
tel://48.608.697.127                               ICQ UIN://1939635