PL/Perl

From
Nelio Alves Pereira Filho
Date:
I just compiled my postgresql port (postgresql-7.0.2, FreeBSD 4.2) with
-DWITH_PERL, but I can't use plperl. Has anyone succeded to install this
way? The strange thing is that I can't find plperl.so anywhere!

Thanks in advance.

--
Nelio Alves Pereira Filho
IFX Networks

Re: PL/Perl

Date:
Nelio Alves Pereira Filho <nelio@ifx.com.br> writes:
> I just compiled my postgresql port (postgresql-7.0.2, FreeBSD 4.2) with
> -DWITH_PERL, but I can't use plperl. Has anyone succeded to install this
> way? The strange thing is that I can't find plperl.so anywhere!

Did you pay attention to the make output?  Most likely it didn't build
plperl because it couldn't find a shared library for libperl.

libperl.so isn't built by default in any perl release that I know of;
you have to do a manual configure/build of the Perl sources and
explicitly ask for a shared library to be built during Perl's
interactive configure script.  It's a real pain in the neck :-(

            regards, tom lane