logger: NOTICE: Unrecognized variable query_limit

From
"Havrylyak Roma"
Date:
Does anybody know how to fix error (see subject)? I suppose the problem is
in using PSQL (may be old version) but direct SQL command SET QUERY_LIMIT is
not using...

Roman Havrylyak - mailto:roma@ukr.net

Re: logger: NOTICE: Unrecognized variable query_limit

From
Tomaz Borstnar
Date:
At 14:09 22.11.00, Havrylyak Roma wrote:
>Does anybody know how to fix error (see subject)? I suppose the problem is
>in using PSQL (may be old version) but direct SQL command SET QUERY_LIMIT is
>not using...
Using phorum 3.1.x with pgsql 7.x? There is a bug where phorum doesn't
properly pass variable with pgsql version and ends up using wrong syntax
which annoys pgsql. Fix is to use 3.2.x versions - latest is 3.2.7.

Tomaz

Re: logger: NOTICE: Unrecognized variable query_limit

Date:
"Havrylyak Roma" <roma@ukr.net> writes:
> Does anybody know how to fix error (see subject)? I suppose the problem is
> in using PSQL (may be old version) but direct SQL command SET QUERY_LIMIT is
> not using...

Your application must have been coded against Postgres 6.4 originally
--- that was the only release that had a query_limit variable.  Since
6.5 we instead offer a LIMIT clause in SELECT.  You'll need to revise
the application code to use SELECT...LIMIT instead of SET QUERY_LIMIT.

            regards, tom lane