Date:
There was an example of using libpq with C in Bruce's book:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/awbook.html

it was chapter 17, section 1, but it might have changed.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mulcahy, Chris" <cmulcahy@vivius.com>
To: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 2:28 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] Sample Program

> Greetings:
>
> I have so far been unsuccessful in my searches.  Does someone have a very
> small sample of a C/C++ program to read some data out of a Postgresql
> database and insert a new record?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Chris

RE: Sample Program

From
"Nick Fankhauser"
Date:
If you want to go one step further & learn Java, I can supply several
examples using Java & JDBC...

Also try going to this link & look for instructions on getting the examples
rpm if you are on RH:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/PostgreSQL-HOWTO-6.html#ss6.4

I don't know if C is among the examples, but this is where I got some Java
samples...

I have so far been unsuccessful in my searches.  Does someone have a very
small sample of a C/C++ program to read some data out of a Postgresql
database and insert a new record?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

Re: Sample Program

From
Igor Roboul
Date:
On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 02:53:12PM -0500, Adam Lang wrote:
> There was an example of using libpq with C in Bruce's book:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/awbook.html
>
> it was chapter 17, section 1, but it might have changed.
Also, you can fetch this book in PDF format (for example once per week)
It is good, but still incomplete, source of PostgreSQL information.
But week-by-week it becomes better :-)

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia

RE: Sample Program

From
Colin Taylor
Date:
Found examples in:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/aw_pgsql_book/node188.html

These include the techniques that I use at home and have had "few" problems.
Have fun.

Re: Sample Program

Date:
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 02:53:12PM -0500, Adam Lang wrote:
> > There was an example of using libpq with C in Bruce's book:
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/awbook.html
> >
> > it was chapter 17, section 1, but it might have changed.
> Also, you can fetch this book in PDF format (for example once per week)
> It is good, but still incomplete, source of PostgreSQL information.
> But week-by-week it becomes better :-)

Actually, it is done, and has been for a few months.  Should be for sale
in a week or so.