OT: List confirmation

From
"Adam Lang"
Date:
Scrappy from postgresql wants me to reply to subscription messages for each
of the lists I am subscribed to... do I need to, or should I ignore the
messages?

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company

Re: OT: List confirmation

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Adam Lang wrote:

> Scrappy from postgresql wants me to reply to subscription messages for each
> of the lists I am subscribed to... do I need to, or should I ignore the
> messages?

I got it too and figure since it only took a few seconds each it wasn't
any big deal and it be a bigger pain in the ass to have to resub to all
the lists again.

Vince.
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking

Re: Re: OT: List confirmation

From
ricksmth@mindspring.com
Date:
I tried the links and got an error that said postgresql.org didn't exist or something of that nature. Anybody else get
thatand what do you do to correct it? Thanks.

Rick

Date:
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 ricksmth@mindspring.com wrote:

> I tried the links and got an error that said postgresql.org didn't exist or something of that nature. Anybody else
getthat and what do you do to correct it? Thanks.

It was easiest to respond by mail so I never even tried the web interface.

Vince.

> Rick
> Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Adam Lang wrote:
>
> > Scrappy from postgresql wants me to reply to subscription messages for each
> > of the lists I am subscribed to... do I need to, or should I ignore the
> > messages?
>
> I got it too and figure since it only took a few seconds each it wasn't
> any big deal and it be a bigger pain in the ass to have to resub to all
> the lists again.
>
> Vince.

 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking

Re: Re: OT: List confirmation

From
Frank Bax
>>Frank asked: What's this 'CONFIRM' message all about anyway?
>
>Scappy replied:   It was just me attempting to fix ppls
>subscription settings after the upgrade, without realizing
>it would email out to everyone ...  sorry about that :(

>>Frank: Does this mean we don't actually do the CONFIRM's?  Or should we?
>
>Scappy replied:   please do :)

The web interface worked fine for me.

At 10:18 AM 10/31/00 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 ricksmth@mindspring.com wrote:
>
>> I tried the links and got an error that said postgresql.org didn't exist
or something of that nature. Anybody else get that and what do you do to
correct it? Thanks.

>It was easiest to respond by mail so I never even tried the web interface.
>
>Vince.
>

>> Rick
>> Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> wrote:
>> > On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Adam Lang wrote:
>>
>> > Scrappy from postgresql wants me to reply to subscription messages for
each
>> > of the lists I am subscribed to... do I need to, or should I ignore the
>> > messages?
>>
>> I got it too and figure since it only took a few seconds each it wasn't
>> any big deal and it be a bigger pain in the ass to have to resub to all
>> the lists again.
>>
>> Vince.
>>

>--
>Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net
> 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
>        Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com
>       Online Giftshop Superstore    http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: Re: OT: List confirmation

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
fixed already ...

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 ricksmth@mindspring.com wrote:

> I tried the links and got an error that said postgresql.org didn't exist or something of that nature. Anybody else
getthat and what do you do to correct it? Thanks.

> Rick
> Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Adam Lang wrote:
>
> > Scrappy from postgresql wants me to reply to subscription messages for each
> > of the lists I am subscribed to... do I need to, or should I ignore the
> > messages?
>
> I got it too and figure since it only took a few seconds each it wasn't
> any big deal and it be a bigger pain in the ass to have to resub to all
> the lists again.
>
> Vince.
> Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net
>  128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
>         Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com
>        Online Giftshop Superstore    http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: OT: List confirmation