pgsql 7.0.2 on RH6.2 regression test failed

From
Douglas
Date:
Hi all,

I installed the pgsql 7.0.2 according to the INSTALL document, when
came to the regression test, I followed the README document to set
up the environment.  However, the regression test told me to add these
environment varialbe in my .bash_profile file

PGLIB=/opt/pgsql/lib
PGDATA=/opt/pgsql/data
MANPATH=$MANPATH/opt/pgsql/man

which violated the instructions from the INSTALL document, which told
me to add
PGLIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
PGDATA=/usr/local/pgsql/data
MANPATH=$MATHPATH:/usr/local/pgsql/man
to my /etc/profile.

So please tell me which one is correct, and does anyone know how
to write the /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgres.init?

Thanks
Douglas

Re: pgsql 7.0.2 on RH6.2 regression test failed

From
Lamar Owen
Douglas wrote:
> I installed the pgsql 7.0.2 according to the INSTALL document, when
> came to the regression test, I followed the README document to set
> up the environment.  However, the regression test told me to add these
> environment varialbe in my .bash_profile file

> PGLIB=/opt/pgsql/lib
> PGDATA=/opt/pgsql/data
> MANPATH=$MANPATH/opt/pgsql/man

Ummm, in which way did you install PostgreSQL (looking for RPM or
source, versions, distribution, source of RPM if installed by RPM...)?

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: pgsql 7.0.2 on RH6.2 regression test failed

From
Douglas
Date:
Since I'am new to linux and pgsql, and I really want to know about
what was going on in the pocess, I didn't use rpm.  and my linux
kernel is 2.2.17.  I only use enable-locale and enable_multbyte=EUC_TW
as the configuration parameters.

Thanks
Douglas

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:12:32 -0400, you wroth:

Douglas wrote:

> Since I'am new to linux and pgsql, and I really want to know about
> what was going on in the pocess, I didn't use rpm.  and my linux
> kernel is 2.2.17.  I only use enable-locale and enable_multbyte=EUC_TW
> as the configuration parameters.

Ok.  To pass regression, you need to rename /etc/sysconfig/i18n to some
other name, reboot, and rerun regression.  If you have installed
postgresql in /usr/local/pgsql, as is recommended by the source
distribution install documentation, then use that set of environment
variables.  If you have it installed in /opt, then use that set of
variables.  The gist being that those variables need to point to where
the files referenced by them actually reside.

After passing regression, you'll need to put /etc/sysconfig/i18n back in
place if you want locale support.  But expect 'unexpected' collation
orders. The collation is unexpected by Unix standards, but is according
to ISO standards.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio