vacuumdb can't find libraries

From
"Raymond O'Donnell"
Date:
Dear all,

I have set up a cron job to run vacuumdb nightly. I can run it from
the command line by hand without any difficulty; however, the output
I get from the cron job is as follows:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql: error in loading shared libraries:
libpq.so.2.1: cannot open shared object file: no such file or
directory

I have set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH from /etc/profile
to point at /usr/local/pgsql/lib.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas wold be helpful!

--Ray.

--------------------------------------
Raymond O'Donnell
rod@iol.ie
rod@gti.ie
--------------------------------------

Re: vacuumdb can't find libraries

From
KuroiNeko
Date:
 Ray,

> What am I doing wrong? Any ideas wold be helpful!

 Environment is dropped by cron.  Either specify LD_LIBRARY_PATH in crontab
explicitly, or add your PG libdir to /etc/ld.so.conf and rerun ldconfig.

 HTH

 Ed

--

 Well I tried to be meek
  And I have tried to be mild

 Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms, The Man's Too Strong (Knopfler)

Re: vacuumdb can't find libraries

From
Joseph Shraibman
KuroiNeko wrote:

>  Ray,
>
> > What am I doing wrong? Any ideas wold be helpful!
>
>  Environment is dropped by cron.  Either specify LD_LIBRARY_PATH in crontab
> explicitly, or add your PG libdir to /etc/ld.so.conf and rerun ldconfig.

Or do what I do in my cron scripts:
. ~/.bashrc ; mycommand

--
Joseph Shraibman