Postgresql 7.0.2 under WinNT

From
Manfred Pock
Date:
It does not work !

I have compiled the sources under WinNT with cygnus tools.
This has functioned perfect, then i start the ipc-deamon
and the postmaster with -i option - It look like that all would
be ok, but then i try to connect do the database by psql, pgaccess and
over the jdbc - bridge - all trys stops by opening the connection
without any message or warning and i have to kill the processes

With the PostgreSQL Version 6.5.3 i don't have this problem -
it functioned perfect.
Have any one a idea where could be the problem ?

ciao Manfred

Re: Postgresql 7.0.2 under WinNT

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Manfred Pock writes:

> I have compiled the sources under WinNT with cygnus tools.
> This has functioned perfect, then i start the ipc-deamon
> and the postmaster with -i option - It look like that all would
> be ok, but then i try to connect do the database by psql, pgaccess and
> over the jdbc - bridge - all trys stops by opening the connection
> without any message or warning and i have to kill the processes

Wild guess:  did you apply the patch to the cygipc sources, or use a
version later than 1.03?