pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

From
"Alan"
Date:
Does anyone know this error?
Need I be concerned, and what can I do about it?

Re: pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

Date:
"Alan" <alana@atio.co.za> writes:
> Does anyone know this error?

If you're seeing that in the postmaster log, it just means that a client
disconnected without sending the "quit" message.  This seems to be
standard behavior for some of the interface libraries.  It's not really
anything to worry about, since the backend shuts down the same way in
either case.  But patches to fix the nonconforming libraries would be
cheerfully accepted ;-)

            regards, tom lane