Importing data into database

From
Andrew.Mason@spektra.co.uk

How should I go about importing the contents of an Excel spreadsheet into a Postgres database table?

I was considering a comma separated file, but am not sure how to import this into the database.

Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks Andrew

Re: Importing data into database

From
Gilles DAROLD
Date:
Take a look at the sql COPY command (\h COPY) it will do it as you want
!

Andrew.Mason@spektra.co.uk wrote:

> How should I go about importing the contents of an Excel spreadsheet
> into a Postgres database table?
>
> I was considering a comma separated file, but am not sure how to
> import this into the database.
>
> Are there any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks Andrew

Re: Importing data into database

From
Andreas Tille
Date:
On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Gilles DAROLD wrote:

> Take a look at the sql COPY command (\h COPY) it will do it as you want
> !
Alternatively you could install PostgreSQL ODBC driver and use
PostgreSQL as external data source in Access.  Then you can cut'n'paste
into the table.

Kind regards

        Andreas.