AS3AP Implementation for PostgreSQL/Linux ?

From
"Keith, Bruce"
Date:
Greetings,

    Is anyone aware of a downloadable PostgreSQL/Linux implementation of
the AS3AP database benchmark? I've
searched the web but was not successful. I'd like to run AS3AP but I'm not
interested in having to buy a tool (e.g., Benchmark Factory) for a different
OS.

Thanks!
Bruce

Re: AS3AP Implementation for PostgreSQL/Linux ?

From
Ned Lilly
Date:
Hi Bruce,

Not that we're aware of.  Great Bridge is actively exploring the possibility of
working with software vendors to make an open source implementation available...
stay tuned.

Regards,
Ned

Date:
"Keith, Bruce" <Bruce.Keith@compaq.com> writes:
>     Is anyone aware of a downloadable PostgreSQL/Linux implementation of
> the AS3AP database benchmark? I've
> searched the web but was not successful. I'd like to run AS3AP but I'm not
> interested in having to buy a tool (e.g., Benchmark Factory) for a different
> OS.

IIRC, there is a free demo of Benchmark Factory that runs one or the
other of the two benchmarks Great Bridge used.  I forget if it's AS3AP
or TPC, though --- and in any case you need an NT machine to run BF
itself on (ick).  Poke around at http://www.benchmarkfactory.com/.

            regards, tom lane

Re: AS3AP Implementation for PostgreSQL/Linux ?

From
Ned Lilly
Date:
Correct... in fact, I think the demo runs all the tests.  But its only good for a
handful of users (you buy clumps of concurrent users to test), so you wouldn't be
able to duplicate the entire test.  You'd probably see the same trendlines,
though.

http://www.Quest.com/download.asp?body=/emaildatabase/FormNT.asp?product=BenchmarkFactory