mod_auth_pgsql

From
"Ramses van Pinxteren"
Date:
Hello,

I know that this is probably not the right mailing list to email to, but
still I hope someone can help me?

I have installed postgres (Running perfect!) apache 1.3.12 and
mod_auth_pgsql this to facilitate logging in for users.

I created a table login:
CREATE TABLE login (
    uname VARCHAR(8) NOT NULL,
    password VARCHAR(8) NOT NULL,
    userlevel int2 NOT NULL,
    primary key (uname)
);
---------------
and a file called .htaccess
deny from all
AuthType basic
Auth_PGhost localhost
Auth_PGdatabase nobody
Auth_PGpwd_table login
Auth_PGuid_field uname
Auth_PGpwd_field passwrd

require valid-user
--------------

When I try to connect I keep on getting an error 500: Internal Server error.

Who knows what can be wrong?

Many thanks,
Ramses v. Pinxteren

Re: mod_auth_pgsql

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Ramses van Pinxteren wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know that this is probably not the right mailing list to email to, but
> still I hope someone can help me?
>
> I have installed postgres (Running perfect!) apache 1.3.12 and
> mod_auth_pgsql this to facilitate logging in for users.
>
> I created a table login:
> CREATE TABLE login (
>     uname VARCHAR(8) NOT NULL,
>     password VARCHAR(8) NOT NULL,
>     userlevel int2 NOT NULL,
>     primary key (uname)
> );
> ---------------
> and a file called .htaccess
> deny from all
> AuthType basic
> Auth_PGhost localhost
> Auth_PGdatabase nobody
> Auth_PGpwd_table login
> Auth_PGuid_field uname
> Auth_PGpwd_field passwrd
>
> require valid-user
> --------------
>
> When I try to connect I keep on getting an error 500: Internal Server error.
>
> Who knows what can be wrong?

have you checked the error_log for that server?

Re: mod_auth_pgsql

From
Tomaz Borstnar
Date:
At 08:17 AM 15/08/00, Ramses van Pinxteren wrote the following message:
>I have installed postgres (Running perfect!) apache 1.3.12 and
>mod_auth_pgsql this to facilitate logging in for users.
>When I try to connect I keep on getting an error 500: Internal Server error.
Could be wrong password. It does that on my server too.

Tomaz
----
Tomaz Borstnar <tomaz.borstnar@over.net>
"Love is the answer to the final question you ask" - Unknown